This is Part III of how to use Young Living oils every day as a natural apothecary. Â These amazing oils can be used to relieve pain, to reduce stress or depression, or to fight colds, to name just a few of the many benefits. Â Better quality oils generate more therapeutic effects. Â If you use an oil of lesser quality, it might have little to no effect at all. Â This isn’t because essential oils aren’t beneficial, it’s because that particular oil has little to no therapeutic value. Â As with so many products,Â quality makes a difference. Â For my family, I want the very best essential oil that I can find.
If you have not read Part I or Part II please read those as well. Â Once again, when I suggest ingesting an oil I am only talking about Young Living essential oils. Â I personally would never ingest any other oil and I would never recommend doing so with any other oil.
Lemon – This is such an amazing oil. Â Can you think of any Â substance that can eat through styrofoam with just one drop and also be safely used on an infant? Â I certainly can’t. Â Here is a fun thing to do with your kids – one drop of YL lemon oil on a styrofoam cup. Â Watch as it instantly begins to eat away at the chemicals in the cup. Â It’s pretty cool. Â It makes me think about all those uninvited chemicals that are floating around in my body and I wonder (and hope) that when I add some lemon to my water or on my skin it is able to eat up all those unwanted invaders. Â I really hope so. Â Lemon oil gives a boost to our immune systems and is gentle enough for infants and young children. Â It’s also part of my anti-wrinkle, brighten up my skin bed time routine (see the recipe under Frankincense below). Â It is a photosensitive oil so use on areas that are not exposed to direct sunlight (like the bottom of the feet) if you are going outside after applying. Â Here is a link to a PubMed abstract about D-limonene, which is found in lemon oil, and it’s clinical applications.
- I like to add Â a few drops to my water bottle for taste and so that I get a nice dose of limonene, an antitumoral that has been shown to not only inhibit tumor growth but to regress it as well.
- Permanent marker on your walls? Â Not a match for lemon oil. Â Also works on sticky residues as well.
- Massage into the feet for an immune boost if you are sick or feel like you might be coming down with something. Â Can be used on infants, children or adults.
Purification – This is such a handy oil to have around the house. Â It is awesome at deodorizing unwanted smells like my dogs when they are in need of a bath or when, on the very rare occasion, Â I forget my laundry in the washing machine for a day too long. Â My favorite ways for using this oil are…
- A few drops in a spray bottle with water. Â I use it in the bathrooms, on the dogs beds, even on the dogs themselves!
- As a bug repellent, use the same spray bottle and spray clothes, skin or dogs to repel bugs. Â Also use directly, undiluted, Â on a bug bite.
- A few drops on a cotton ball and vacuum up and you will deodorize your rooms as you clean them!
- Use to clean cuts & scrapes.
Frankincense - I love Frankincense (ok, I love them all)! Â At first I was not that Â enamored with this oil when I got it. Â But it has certainly grown on me. Â I love using it at night before bed on my face. Â It is a great oil for meditation or prayer and has shown in numerous studies it’s ability to shut down cancer cells without harming healthy cells ( genius!). Â For links to that study and a lot more information about this incredible oil please see my post, “The Awesome Power of Frankincense”. Frankincense supports the immune system, is an anti-tumoral and is also great for skin.
- Anti -wrinkle routine: Â One drop lemon – use only at night, brightens skin (and lightens sun spots). Â One drop frankincense & one drop lavender. Â I put them on one by one. Â As our skin cells take at least 30 days to regenerate do this at night for at least that amount of time. Â I have personally seen improvement in less time though.
- If you feel sick this oil can be taken internally, diffused or applied right on area of concern. Â If you take internally, start with 3 drops in a double oo capsule.
- Use one drop directly on warts or moles. Â Repeat as often as needed until the desired effect has been achieved.
I hope you have enjoyed this three part series. Â I have just touched on some of the many, many uses for these oils. Â All of the oils in this three part series can be found in the Everyday Oils kit. Â It is an awesome kit to have whether you are new to oils or have been using them for years. Â The small bottles are perfect to keep in your bag or are great to travel with. Â I love sharing these oils and I know that once you try them you will notice the difference. Â Please contact me if you have any questions about any Young Living oils or products.
Canât wait to get started using Young Living Oils? Â Great! See myÂ âHow to Order Young Living Oilsâ page for more details.
Francine Smith blogs about Young Living Essential oils. Â You can find more posts at www.younglivinglife.com