It’s been awhile since I posted but that does not mean I have not been using my oils. As a family we still use them on a daily basis and I am still, even after all these years, amazed by all that they do viagra ! Below is a summary of my favorite oils to use for the fall, winter and holiday seasons. Stock up now viagra sans ordonnance, before you need them. I’ve learned this lesson the hard way. (Sigh).
A powerful blend of cinnamon, clove, rosemary and lemon oils. You know when one person comes home sick and soon the rest of the family follows? Wouldn’t it be super awesome if there was a way to stop that from happening? At the first sign of a sniffle in the house I start diffusing thieves. It helps the person that’s sick but it also helps to make sure the rest of us don’t get whatever they have. Total win – win.
- Feeling unwell? Diffuse and rub on the bottom of your feet. A couple of drops on each foot. Repeat as needed.
- Rub on a sore throat and/or you can gargle with a drop in a glass of water. Thieves is strong so start with one drop and add or dilute with water as needed.
- My husband and I also put 3 or more drops in an empty 00 capsule and take internally. Please note, I only recommend using Young Living Oils when taking them internally.
- Oral care. I have eased sore gums and sore teeth by applying thieves to the area that hurt.
- Diffuse to kill germs before anyone gets sick. Get’em before they get you!
- Rub on feet, kids and adults, during flu season as a preventative measure.
It’s amazing how much I use this oil. This is a must have all year long, especially if you live in the desert like I do.
- Fever – I find that a few drops on each foot help to bring a fever down quickly. Peppermint is a natural coolant, which is why it is always in my water bottle during the hot desert summers.
- Stomach pain – Put one drop in at least 12 oz or more of water ( use glass or stainless steel – not plastic) and drink (dilute with more water if needed). You can also rub on the stomach to help relieve stomach pain, including indigestion, gas, bloating, etc.
- Sinus relief -put one drop in the palm of your hand. Rub hands together, bring them to your nose and inhale. Whew, what a rush! It opens sinuses and clears out the cobwebs in one fell swoop.
Other uses for peppermint: I keep an old glass juice bottle (about 32 oz) filled with water and 2 or 3 drops of peppermint in my fridge for the following uses…
- As a natural appetite suppressant.
- It is great for digestion. Too much turkey? Have a glass of peppermint water. It’s amazing how quickly it works.
- Need a pick me up? Have too much to do? Peppermint is great to help clear the mind. Inhale/diffuse if you need to have a bit more clarity or focus in your day.
- Nausea – inhale as needed.
This is another year round must have at all times oil. I use lavender everyday and start to panic if I get a little low!
- Use a drop or two on cracked hands. If my hands get so dry that they crack/bleed I put on some lavender then layer with a salve. Repeat as needed.
- Cooking in the kitchen sometimes means getting a cut with a knife (my husband did this just last night) or a burn from the stove. Run, don’t walk, and get the hurt area covered in lavender stat! The faster you get it on the faster the healing will begin. If it is a serious burn please seek medical attention. I have used lavender on so many burns, cuts and bruises and each and every time I am stunned by how quickly the area heals.
- A natural antihistamine. I never had allergies until I moved to the desert. Once I figured out that I had them I took lavender in a capsule internally and my symptoms cleared up. I also use it on my face, around the sinuses, being careful to avoid the eye area.
- Use on the face for blemishes
- As a sleep aid
- To reduce stress
- Air freshener. A few drops in a glass water bottle is a great way to freshen the air, sheets, bathrooms, car, etc.
Peace & Calming
This is the oil that changed the way I looked at essential oils. One night I watched as it transformed my almost 3 year old son from not wanting to settle down and go to bed into cooperating with us, getting dressed and into bed and asleep in minutes. It was miraculous! I wanted to order a lifetime supply right then and there. Peace & Calming is a blend of tangerine,orange, ylang ylang, patchouli and blue tansy.
- Stress & Anxiety. The holidays are great but are also a time of year of added stress and anxiety. Peace & calming soothes, calms and relaxes. It works on adults as well as children.
- Sleep aid. I would rub my kids feet with this blend before bed and they would easily drift off. I would then have to wash my hands because if I didn’t I would find myself getting sleepy! It is a great oil to have when you need to settle down and get a good nights rest and of course there are no side effects in the morning.
- I know people that use Peace & Calming when they have a big presentation.
- Anytime you want to ease a stressful situation.
- I used it on my dog who gets stressed out when meeting other dogs. Which stresses me out so it helped both of us!
- Over active kid or kids. Put it on yourself and walk around the kids to calm them down.
- Can be helpful for those with mental disabilities.
This is the oil that started me using essential oils. It is a blend of bergamot, ylang ylang, geranium, rosewood, lemon, mandarin, jasmine, Roman chamomile, palmarosa and rose. I use this oil everyday and I love it. Once I started using Joy I had to give away my best perfumes because I could no longer tolerate the synthetic chemicals in those products.
- Depression. People don’t like to talk about depression around the holidays but it happens. A lot. There is so much going on. This time of year demands more of our time and our finances which can be overwhelming. Throw in some crazy family members and it can all be just too much. A few drops over your heart, behind your neck, and or on your wrists will help to lift your mood.
- Seasonal mood disorder. The lack of sun can be a problem for some people and this oil can help ease those tough months.
- I use this blend, with valor, harmony & white angelica everyday. It’s my favorite combination of oils and I do believe it helps to support my emotional well being. I often get comments of "You smell so good". I will never forget the first time I actually noticed as it transformed someone before my eyes. I watched as her face changed from scowling to relaxed and smiling after one whiff!
Please note all of these recommendations are for Young Living Essential OIls. If you chose to use another oil you may not get the same results. Please do not take any oil internally unless you are 100% certain that it is safe to do so. I only use Young Living Oils and would personally never use or take any other essential oils internally.
Essential Oils precautions -
- Keep oils away from the eyes. If an oil does get in your eye you can flush with olive oil if needed.
- Use a fatty oil, like olive oil, if you need to dilute an oil. Do Not use water. Water pushes an oil in. Fatty oils, dilute.
- When essential oils are used wisely you will enjoy better health, naturally.
Francine Smith blogs about using Young Living Essential Oils at Young Living Life.