This is Part III of how to use Young Living oils every day as a natural apothecary. These amazing oils can be used to relieve pain, to reduce stress or depression, or to fight colds, to name just a few of the many benefits. Better quality oils generate more therapeutic effects. If you use an oil of lesser quality, it might have little to no effect at all. This isn’t because essential oils aren’t beneficial, it’s because that particular oil has little to no therapeutic value. As with so many products, quality makes a difference. For my family, I want the very best essential oil that I can find.
If you have not read Part I or Part II please read those as well. Once again, when I suggest ingesting an oil I am only talking about Young Living essential oils. I personally would never ingest any other oil and I would never recommend doing so with any other oil.
Lemon – This is such an amazing oil. Can you think of any substance that can eat through styrofoam with just one drop and also be safely used on an infant? I certainly can’t. Here is a fun thing to do with your kids – one drop of YL lemon oil on a styrofoam cup. Watch as it instantly begins to eat away at the chemicals in the cup. It’s pretty cool. It makes me think about all those uninvited chemicals that are floating around in my body and I wonder (and hope) that when I add some lemon to my water or on my skin it is able to eat up all those unwanted invaders. I really hope so. Lemon oil gives a boost to our immune systems and is gentle enough for infants and young children. It’s also part of my anti-wrinkle, brighten up my skin bed time routine (see the recipe under Frankincense below). It is a photosensitive oil so use on areas that are not exposed to direct sunlight (like the bottom of the feet) if you are going outside after applying. Here is a link to a PubMed abstract about D-limonene, which is found in lemon oil, and it’s clinical applications.
- I like to add a few drops to my water bottle for taste and so that I get a nice dose of limonene, an antitumoral that has been shown to not only inhibit tumor growth but to regress it as well.
- Permanent marker on your walls? Not a match for lemon oil. Also works on sticky residues as well.
- Massage into the feet for an immune boost if you are sick or feel like you might be coming down with something. Can be used on infants, children or adults.
Purification – This is such a handy oil to have around the house. It is awesome at deodorizing unwanted smells like my dogs when they are in need of a bath or when, on the very rare occasion, I forget my laundry in the washing machine for a day too long. My favorite ways for using this oil are…
- A few drops in a spray bottle with water. I use it in the bathrooms, on the dogs beds, even on the dogs themselves!
- As a bug repellent, use the same spray bottle and spray clothes, skin or dogs to repel bugs. Also use directly, undiluted, on a bug bite.
- A few drops on a cotton ball and vacuum up and you will deodorize your rooms as you clean them!
- Use to clean cuts & scrapes.
Frankincense - I love Frankincense (ok, I love them all)! At first I was not that enamored with this oil when I got it. But it has certainly grown on me. I love using it at night before bed on my face. It is a great oil for meditation or prayer and has shown in numerous studies it’s ability to shut down cancer cells without harming healthy cells ( genius!). For links to that study and a lot more information about this incredible oil please see my post, “The Awesome Power of Frankincense”. Frankincense supports the immune system, is an anti-tumoral and is also great for skin.
- Anti -wrinkle routine: One drop lemon – use only at night, brightens skin (and lightens sun spots). One drop frankincense & one drop lavender. I put them on one by one. As our skin cells take at least 30 days to regenerate do this at night for at least that amount of time. I have personally seen improvement in less time though.
- If you feel sick this oil can be taken internally, diffused or applied right on area of concern. If you take internally, start with 3 drops in a double oo capsule.
- Use one drop directly on warts or moles. Repeat as often as needed until the desired effect has been achieved.
I hope you have enjoyed this three part series. I have just touched on some of the many, many uses for these oils. All of the oils in this three part series can be found in the Everyday Oils kit. It is an awesome kit to have whether you are new to oils or have been using them for years. The small bottles are perfect to keep in your bag or are great to travel with. I love sharing these oils and I know that once you try them you will notice the difference. Please contact me if you have any questions about any Young Living oils or products.
Can’t wait to get started using Young Living Oils? Great! See my “How to Order Young Living Oils” page for more details.
Francine Smith blogs about Young Living Essential oils. You can find more posts at www.younglivinglife.com